Great! You’re looking for Political Yard Signs.
The next step is to find out what size sign you need.
- Standard yard signs are 24” wide x 18” tall, however, that size doesn’t work for everyone.
- We carry a range of sizes, but if you aren’t sure what you’ll need, the 24”x18” size is a great place to start.
Next, we need to determine how many and which colors you want to use on your sign.
- Boards come in white or yellow, and the color of the board is a free color.
- If you want a red, white and blue sign, your colors would just be red and blue (2 colors), printed on a white board.
- Select from our standard print colors, or let us know if you need a specific PMS color.
- Click here to see our standard color chart.
- PMS stands for Pantone Matching System. This is a specific color code that has specific mix requirements. These requirements mean that you can request items from multiple vendors, and the color from each vendor will be the same.
- Keep in mind, though, that digitally printed items have variations in the way the inks are mixed. We digitally print in CMYK, so if you need an exact match, you will need to supply the CMYK breakdown.
- CMYK stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black. This is similar to the ink breakdown used in most desktop printers.
- There is an additional fee for each PMS match requested.
- Full Color files will be printed based on the colors in the file you submit. The only change we will make to the colors is to convert them to CMYK if necessary.
- Any photographs on a sign will automatically be digitally printed in full color.
The easiest part – do you want the signs printed on 1 side only, or if you want them printed on both sides?
The hardest part – the design!
- If you have already designed your sign, you can upload your design file to us. Easy peasy!
- If you haven’t and need help, just let us know what you need the sign to say and we’ll design it for you! Don’t worry, we always send a proof for you to review and change as needed. Nothing is actually printed until you sign off on it.
- Things to consider for Political Sign designs:
- TAG LINE – Do you want a call to action on your sign? Let us know and we’ll make sure to add it. Options include: Elect, Re-Elect, Vote for, Vote, Write-In, etc.
- DISCLAIMER – This varies from county to county and state to state. Please refer to your local election board to find out if it is required, and if so, how it needs to be written.
- UNION BUG – We are a guild shop and can add our bug to your sign for no extra charge. You must request it, though.
- We do require a minimum ½” margin around the edge of the sign.
- If you need your sign printed edge to edge, we can do that. Make sure to request it, though!
- There is a higher cost for full bleed signs. All full bleed signs are digitally printed full color.
- We carry wire stands in 3 sizes. All wire stands are designed to slide into our corrugated plastic signs on one end, and slide into the ground on the other end. THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE STEPPED ON.
- 10×30 stands – industry standard. This is the one most people use.
- 6×24 stands – this stand is shorter, so your signs will sit closer to the ground.
- 10×30 Heavy Duty – this stand has ¼” thick base and is designed for use with harder ground and/or windier conditions.
- Click here for more information on each stand size, along with the sign sizes each stand works with.
Whew, that’s a lot of information! Are you ready to get started? If you are, just click here to go to our Political Signs Quote Request Form.